Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Help me get through age 15?

Ok so I'm 15 years old, and ill be 16 in 148 days. And right now I'm feeling like 15 sucks. I really want to get the new iphone, but i have no job... which means no money. If i was 16 i could be able to get a job a lot easier then now (which would involve getting a workers permit and there is a slim chance anybody would hire me). Also, i really with i could drive. I'm in driver's ed right now, and whenever my just turned 17 year old sister takes the car and is able to hang out with friends and go places I am extremely jealous. I always want to escape my house because of course because I'm a teenager I am easily emotional and lately me and my dad have not gotten along well at all. And last but not least... dating. This is what set me over the edge today, and caused my reason for asking this half question. Me and this guy in my drivers ed class and from school have been texting a lot lately and have hung out after drivers ed, and we have a thing (aka we both like eachother). So today we decided we should just go see a movie and hang out a little. I was overjoyed with this. He even said his mom would like to know if i needed a ride home from the movies. So, i went and asked my mom if i could go to the movies with him, and that his mom could even give me the ride. She was hesitant to answer at first and then said no. So of course i asked why. And she tells me "Your not 16, your not allowed to date." So i tell her its not really a date, its just a movie... because in reality it was, since most likely he wasn't going to make any major moves that night. And right when i got hope that she was changing her mind, she crushed them she told me "lets ask your father." So as soon as i go into the kitchen and ask my dad if i can go to the movies he tells me "no, you've been mean to me lately" so i respond saying "I know and so have you to me." So then he tells me only if im nicer to him he will let me go. But then after i don't walk away right after and i begin to open my mouth again to finish asking him, he says "so whats the catch?" "So i tell him i wanted to go with a boy" Immediately after no thought he says "No! Absolutely Not. We are not starting this s**t (for any your readers ill keep it clean)." Now i've learned over the past few days that fighting him only makes matters worse... plus i felt like on the verge of crying due to my crazy emotions. So right as i was leaving the kitchen my mom just looks at me and in a hushed tone tells me "I know being a teenagers hard." Tell me about it. Now my parents have always said i can't date until im 16, but i always figured that meant like being serious, and i never even under stood it then. And now here I am age 15, a straight A student, never did drugs, never even tried a sip of alcohol, and all i want to do is go to the movies with a guy alone. In public, where clearly nothing will happen. I just don't get it. What can 148 more days do? And why does it seem like every other parent understands teenage relationships except mine. I understand my dad is being protective. Matter a fact in his previous marriage, he got his soon after wife pregnant at about age 19. He was the bad kid who did drugs and lived in new york city. He wasnt the best in school, and joined the army at age 18. But what he doesn't understand is, I'm not him. I make smart decisions and I am responsible. Oh and another thing i hate is that my sister has never had a boyfriend so me being their baby and all makes matters worse. I just need words of encouragement, and for someone to explain their logic.

No comments:

Post a Comment